Friday 13 January 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Today started out with my heart very heavy in my chest.  I was supposed to have breakfast with my very special friend Ian Sim however yesterday he let me know that his younger son had died tragically on Wednesday and all I could think of was how he was feeling.  My friend Linda Le Warne called me early in the morning and could hear how sad I was and said that although she knew how sad I was that I also deserved to enjoy my day ... Thanks Linda!!!

My boss sent me a message saying that I could have the afternoon off and should leave the office at 12 ... Awesome!!!!

Ali called me to wish me and said if we had known I was having the afternoon off we could have made a plan to see each other ... my response "Shall I see you at Mugg & Bean for a salad at 12h30?" Can you say "Spontaneous?" 

Michelle called to wish me we decided on the spur of the moment to go and have coffee and cake in the restaurant downstairs - they make the most divine carrot cake on earth!!!  Michelle gave me my birthday and Christmas gifts and I felt seriously spoiled.


Ali and I had a lovely lunch and I managed to leave Sandton before the Friday traffic built up.

Wendy met Connor, Steph, my hunny and me at Mall of The South and we decided on the Butcher Block for dinner.  It is a new restaurant in the mall so I was expecting something awesome.  We ordered drinks ... and I had a killer Peanut Butter Milkshake.  Unfortunately my dinner was horrendous (a really horrible piece of steak which, along with the potato, was ice cold) and I eventually sent it back and was impressed to see that they did not charge me for it.

Connor, Wendy, me, my Hunny and Steph


Despite my food not being great (of course everyone else's food was good!!!) we had a wonderful evening.  And so the first day of my 55th year on earth is done and dusted!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment