Thursday 2 October 2014

Highlights during busy days!

Yesterday after a REALLY long day after getting to my desk at 05h45 I left the office at 14h30 and met my friend (and ex-colleague) Delphine for a cup of coffee and a catch up.  We spent two hours chatting about a whole host of subjects and I felt energised when I left her.
When I got home I decided to work on a scrapbook layout (therapy!) ... These are the photos I shared on my blog after our visit to the Throne at Sandton City on the 24th September.

This afternoon after a very long (I was up at 04h24 this morning) busy day when I got home I finished off the page and am delighted with it ~ It sure makes the 2 hour wait in the queue worthwhile!!!

I couldn't get a good photo of this page!

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun page. Nothing like a good old chat to liven the spirits.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Desire, You are so right ~ chatting with a good friend livens the spirit.

      Delete
  2. Scrapbooking is wonderful therapy. My wife spends whole days with her friends doing it. Your result came out nice.

    You guys in SA tell time differently than we do. I'm going to have to learn how to decipher this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alley, Therapy indeed!!!! Scrapbooking is the only reason that I don't sent money on a therapist!

      I thought the 24 hour clock was international ~ all I do to work out what the time is is to take 12 + whatever the hour is right now (e.g. 12 + 10 = 22h00 ~ which the military would call twenty two hundred hours!).

      Delete
  3. I love the colour combination of this scrapbook page! I am still hoping to try this fun hobby myself but I need to get more photos from my EX and that is a bit of a challenge. He does not deliberately withhold them but finding them is not high on his list of priorities. I'm glad you had a fun outing with your good friend. I love to do that too, though I always feel exhausted after. Happy but exhausted.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna ... You really should try this hobby ... it is a wonderful way to "tell your story". I just went to one of my very first scrapbooks and photographed a photo from my wedding ... I probably will not be able to print these photos again as they were taken on an 'old fashioned camera' and I think the film has already deteriorated and there are very few places where you can have prints made from negatives nowadays. I LOVE scrapbooking!!!!

      Delete