Sunday 30 June 2013

I HATE being late!!!

Well this morning started out wonderfully, got up ... updated my blog ... had some cereal and tea ... got Connor in the shower ... got myself showered and ready ... dropped Connor at Alberton City to see Keisha ... drove through to Glenvista and dropped Richard's car at the car wash ... went into the shopping centre ... drew money ... bumped into my niece Gina and had coffee with her and her little one at Illy ....
Gina and Bradley


Then I popped past Norma and had a cuppa coffee with her and while sitting there I was telling her that we had a birthday party at 2 when my phone beeped and it was a BBM from my friend Michelle asking if I was OK and where I was ... OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not read the invitation properly and the paintball party started at 11 and it was now 11h45.  I flew out of Norma's house, phoned Connor, rushed to Alberton City to pick him up we flew through to the paintball place which took us about 45 minutes ... I HATE BEING LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and this was the ultimate blooper!!!  After I got over my embarrassment I had a wonderful time.  Connor had fun and got to play 2 games with the rest of the guys.  We had a lovely lunch and a very relaxed rest of the afternoon.
Connor and Kyle ~ they both have their birthday on the 7th July ... this was the only way I could get them both in the photo!!!
The two teams
 
Connor hiding out
The fort


Kyle and his dad doing the speeches



The smallest guest posting for the camera.

Kyle's gorgeous cake ... which was a surprise for him.
 

Kyle was wonderfully dirty at the end of the day



 I was really impressed that these paintballs are manufactured in South Africa.
 The wind was blowing a bit so it was impossible to get the candles to stay lit.
Our lovely ""Grown Ups goody bag
 The stunning sunset on our way home.

Now I am off to prepare for tomorrow ... Hope you have had  wonderful weekend and are recharged and ready for the week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, glad you were in time still to enjoy the party. Beautiful sunset pics.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sjoe, that was one busy Saturday. A paint ball party is such a great idea for a boy party.

    ReplyDelete