Sunday 21 April 2013

Show and Tell

I really can't remember doing "Show and Tell" at school ... maybe it is because it wasn't done or maybe I just can't remember it!!! (I think it is the former ) ... but I am surely catching up on any lost opportunities through my blog!!!  So here is my "Show and Tell" for the weekend!!!
I have just arrived home from an amazing weekend (unfortunately preceeded by me having to suspend a staff member for being very silly) arranged by my friend Cheryl at the Diamond Lodge in Cullinan ~ We attended last year and had a spectacular weekend so when she let us know about this weekend we jumped at the opportunity to spend the weekend with her. 

I took a half day's leave on Friday and at lunch time I drove through to Cullinan to meet the other ladies for our Scrapbook Weekend.  My friend Alison could unfortunately not get  there on Friday afternoon due to work commitments.
I had an uneventful trip on the highway and while driving along the road to Cullinan there were a number of Search & Rescue vehicles which made me a bit concerned.  A little while later one of the drivers was showing me to slow down and then I was pulled off onto the side of the road along with a number of other cars and advised that there was an international bicycle race and the riders were about 5 minutes away.  I switched off my car and waited for the guys to come through ... the first rider was quite a way ahead of the pack and of course I took out my camera ... here he is!

I got to the hotel and unpacked my car and organised my desk, checked in and then we went round the corner to Harrie's for pancakes (I LOVE pancakes!!!).  I had a banana and caramel pancake and a cuppaccino.  We then went back and started working on our first layout ...
This is my friend Roz's grandson Luke ~ I LOVE the photo of Jonathan's tattooed arm which is in stark contrast to the innocent little baby.  As this was a single page I added this as my facing page ... 

 It had been raining for most of the day and rather cold and just before it was time to go to dinner the heavens opened and it hailed BADLY!!!  The room we were in has a tin roof and we could not even speak to each other the noise of the hail was so loud.  We eventually braved the weather and ran to the dining room ... When we walked through the bar area there was a fire in the fireplace and I took a picture of it and sent it through to Connor via my cell phone ~ the beauty of technology!!!

 After dinner we started on our next layout ...

The middle section of this page is a concertina foldout which folds up when you close your album.

I also managed to slip in the front page for my 2013 album ...

and before bed I worked on a layout (which I forgot to take a photo of) with photos from our Recognition Function in February.

At about 11 I went to bed but did not sleep well due to the noise from the rain.  I got up and had a lovely bath and read for a bit and went through to the scrap room and sorted myself out before breakfast.  Ali arrived just after breakfast and we got going on our next layout ...

Before lunch we started on this layout and finished up after lunch ...


I had decided that I wanted to do a "Highlights of January" page so I did this extra page with the left over paper from this layout ...

Here is the "Highlights" page which I managed to get done before bed on Saturday night ...

After dinner we did this layout ... which included hand made flowers which came out beautifully!!!

These are the gorgeous flowers ...
 
We went to bed around 11 again and I slept really well ... the rain had stopped which helped a lot.  This morning dawned with thick fog and rather chilly.  We had breakfast and then did a layout which I have not photographed as I need to finish some parts of it.  Had lunch and then did another layout which is missing a title and I will share it when I have finished it.  I left Cullinan around 2h30 and drove through to Pretoria to fetch Connor and we had a lovely drive home where we did some catching up.  Thanks Che for an amazing weekend filled being spoiled with little gifts, great company and amazing layouts ~ You are amazing!!!

Here are some other photos to share ...
 My gorgeous friend Ali at lunch on Saturday.
 The sky after lunch on Saturday ... I was hoping for a spectacular sunset but the sun went into hiding.


 We got the Manager of the hotel to take these two photos of Cheryl's Angels (above) and Ali and me (below).

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend. The perfect weather to be scrapping. You were quite productive with doing all those lovely pages in between, and of course I love the folded flowers. Yes the race was the new Mzanzi international stage tour, like the old Rapport cycle tour.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete