Saturday 7 July 2012

Knitting for charity

I love to knit and was very excited when we accepted a challenge at work to knit scarves for young children as a social responsibility project.  My Mom visited the wool shop and got us the black wool we needed and on the 29th our team got together and started the scarves.  My friend Delphine was so excited that she remembered how to knit that she got totally immersed in the project and could not stop herself from sitting at her desk and knitting.  I am so proud of her as she is already on her second scarf.  I knitted until 2am on Tuesday 3 July to get my first scarf finished and am now working on my second one.  We are having an HR Conference on 19 & 20 July when we will hand them in and I really want to have at least 4 done.

Here is a photo I took of Delphine at her desk ... The balloons were from her birthday which was on the same day as our Wedding Anniversary (27 June).

No comments:

Post a Comment