Saturday 7 July 2012

Happy Birthday Connor!!!

I cannot believe how quickly the past 17 years have flown by!!!  I can still clearly remember the day we went to the hospital to find out if I was in labour and early the next morning this amazing person entered our lives.  Being parents is a really special experience and one of the things in my life that I wouldn't change for all the tea in China even though it can be challenging the rewards outweigh the challenges.

This morning we got Connor and Byron up reasonably early and the three of us went through to the East Rand Mall to meet my friend Natalie (who is over from New Zealand to visit her ailing Gran) for breakfast.  We have missed each other so much that when we saw each other we both started crying ~ this is her first trip home since they moved to NZ.  We had a wonderful couple of hours chatting non-stop and catching up with each other.  I would dearly love to spend her 40th birthday with her in NZ next February.

The boys and I then walked around the mall a bit and Connor bought himself a rifle (which works with pellets) and Byron showed me the guitar he would love to get (hopefully he will get enough money for his 18th birthday in October to buy it) .  On our drive home we were stuck in a huge traffic jam as there were some serious roadworks on the highway.  We had a good giggle watching a traffic cop on a motor bike slowly riding along checking for motorists on their cell phones.  We saw him pull a couple of people over and when he drove past us the boys waved at him and he waved back.

We spent a couple of hours at home and then went through to Carnival City ~ While Mom gambled, the four of us played two ten-pin bowling games ~ Byron won the first game and I won the second.  We then went for dinner at Fego Cafe as all the other restaurants had queues of people waiting for tables.  We left there around 8pm and were amazed at the number of people arriving at that time.  

Now it is time for bed as Richard is getting up early to go for a motorbike ride and I will take the boys for a drive to Val to have breakfast with him.  Hope your Saturday has been restful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment