Friday 16 March 2012

Function Friday!!!

It worked out that the Recognition Functions for Retail Human Resources and the Regional Office was scheduled for the same day ~ So today only a few productive hours were spent in office before we left for the first function ...
Our HR Function theme was "Lights Camera Action ~ Red Carpet" which was a luncheon held at the Protea Hotel, Fire & Ice in Melrose Arch.  It is a very fancy venue however we were served cold food which just didn't make sense to me!!!

I was very excited as I knew that I was going to see some of my friends and especially excited to see Linda Le Warne and my new friend Zimasa Klaas ~ She looked so gorgeous and I had to get a photo of the two of us. 

My colleagues Mary and Delphine were dressed to the nines as well.  We had a good time together and Mary was recognised for her contribution to our team.
 
Mary, Delphine and me with our non-alcoholic cocktails ~ they looked very pretty.

The Regional Recognition Function was at Turffontein Race Course ~ The best aspect of this venue is that it is really close to home for me.  Each area had their own theme and I was invited to dress in the theme of my Rivonia Arterial Area which was Black 'n Bling.  I took this gorgeous photo of the Race Course from the Aquanaut Room ... I just love the city skyline in the background.

My friend Samantha, on the left, worked tirelessly on arranging this function for the Region.  Also in the photo is Michell who works with us in the Regional Office.

The venue and food was outstanding and everyone had a really good time ~ Although they had to cater for 10 times the number of people as the previous function the food was hot ... go figure!!!???  I left when the party really got started as the music was just too loud for these sensitive ears of mine!!!  It gave me the opportunity to drive with Richard to fetch Connor from Melville and we had a cuppa coffee at Ocean Basket while we waited for them to get finished and then dropped Jarod off at home and fell into bed when we reached home.
 The staff from Rosebank Branch in their Black 'n Bling ... They all looked really gorgeous.
The staff from Westonaria Branch ... Their theme was Pirates and they looked the part.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, looks like you had fun, very nice.

    ReplyDelete