Wednesday 25 January 2012

New opportunities

Yesterday morning I had a meeting in Florida so I arranged with my friend Elly (who I met in the bank many years ago) to have an early morning cup of coffee with her at her school ... Last year Elly decided to open a Private Primary School ~ Kersten College ~ in Florida.  When I visited her late last year it was a very quiet and sedate place as she only had about 5 children and 1 teacher at the time and ended the year with around 10 children.  Through absolute hard work, determination and persistence she has started this year with 75 children and 5 teachers.  I am immensely proud of her and know that with her dedication to education that this little school is going to grow and grow.

Elly and Hedwig ~ her senior teacher

Grade R teacher and come of the girls

Elly has these pictures that the kids did in the entrance of the school
I then popped round the corner to my Florida Branch and did discussions with 3 staff members and then the long drive back to my office.  I left the office at 3 and went through to Illovo Branch to have another discussion with a staff member and then popped into Thrupps where I got Connor his favourite Frosties Root Beer.  I was totally surprised at how good the traffic was.  We spent a quiet evening and went to bed early.

This morning I am rushing to take Connor to school and then off to the office for my performance review.  Richard is flying to Durban this morning and I was going to take him to the airport only to realise yesterday afternoon that that would leave Connor without a lift to school ... what a bad mother I am!!!!

Have a great day and see you in blogland later.

No comments:

Post a Comment