Welcome December ... Here is some stunning advice as we speed towards the end of the year.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say “NO” to projects that don’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others … like washing your car!!!
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more ~ although one is often not enough, two are often too many.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places … put an ‘appointment’ in your diary for travel time.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns ~ If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation … forget it!
12. Live within your budget ~ don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups ~ an extra car key in your wallet/an extra house key buried in the garden/extra stamps/etc.
14. K.M.S. = Keep Mouth Shut! This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble
15. Do something for the kid in you every day.
16. Carry a spiritually enlightening book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life … or of course Classic FM!
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Find time every day to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favourite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good “Thank you God!”
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude ~ most people are doing the best they can.
31. Be kind to unkind people ~ they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less … listen more.
34. Slow down!!!
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before. God has a way of tuning things around for you.
If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
Now having read that advice again I am shocked that on this first day of December I am still sitting at my desk at 17h30 so I thought I would update my blog before I leave the office. At least I have decreased my e-mail box from over 200 mails to about 60 ... That is quite a feat for one day. I have also planned some interviews for tomorrow morning which were stressing me completely. Now I need to go home and make sure I have paid all the bills!!!
Now for the exciting stuff ... Here is what I am looking forward in December ...
- A scrapbook dinner with my friend Cheryl and her girls on 6 December;
- A Christmas lunch with the Regional team at Back 'O The Moon ~ love their food;
- My scrapbook weekend ... a full 3 days of scrapbooking (9 - 12 December) at a stunning venue;
- Followed by a couple of days leave to spend with my boys;
- I am even looking forward to spending the last two weeks of the year at work so that I can catch up and start the new year fresh! and prepared.