Wednesday 2 November 2011

November is here ....

Again I need to do a summary of what has happened in the past couple of days since it is 4 days since I last posted.  Eeeeeeeek!!!! (the sound of girl coming face to face with mouse!!! LOL!!!) I feel like I am speeding towards the end of the year in a unusually confused and disorganised kinda way!!!  I guess one good thing is that I am about 80% done with my Christmas shopping.  Every time I think I am on top of something this little voice comes up and says "Ya think so!!!???"  GO AWAY!!!
On Saturday I spent the day with 3 of my scrapbooking buddies.  We had a fantastically relaxed day and spent quite a bit of it outside on Alison's patio.  We had a scrumptious lunch of hotdogs followed by waffles, banana, belgian ice cream and caramel treat sauce (wicked!!!!).  I worked on a page challenge which Alison has set us for our Christmas Scrap-a-thon ... it is a page about ourselves in 2011.  We did this a few years ago and it will be interesting to see what has changed.  After scrapping I went with Alison to her sister's place to see what work needs to be done when I help her declutter her home.  She is unfortunately battling multiple forms of cancer and the clutter is getting in the way of her peace.  I am really looking forward to helping her.  Saturday evening was spent quietly at home.  Connor was out with his friend Jason for his birthday ~ they went paint ball shooting and then had a braai and Jason's house.

Sunday morning Richard and I went out for breakfast before dropping off the Santa Shoe Boxes at The Race Course.  We popped past Ackermans to get a Dora the Explorer sleeping bag for Alison's niece and then picked Connor up.  We spent the afternoon/evening at home and although I had plans to get a lot of stuff done I did nothing!!! Much to my dismay!!! (and my to-do list was also complaining!!! LOL!!!)

Monday dawned all to soon and I was off to 135 Rivonia Road for another HR Academy session ~ fortunately only half the day.  I then spent an hour with my area manager and on the way back to the office I popped into Alison's office and had lunch with her.  I made Saras leave the office with me at 16h30 and fortunately the traffic was not too bad so I got home early enough to catch up on some programmes on PVR and then it was eventually time to watch the second part of the finals of So You Think You Can Dance ... I was DELIGHTED that my girl Melanie won.  She is an absolutely amazing young dancer and so so so deserved to win.  What am I going to do with my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights between 18h30 and 19h30???  I guess my to-do list can help me fill up the time!!!

Today I went to the office first and then left to go through to see the Team Leader in Randfontein.  I then attended the memorial service for my area manager's, Steven Fraser, Mom.  Left Randfontein around 15h10 and missed all the petrol stations off Main Reef Road so I had to drive into Toekomsrus to look for a garage.  Thankfully there was one about 1.3km's along the road I turned into.  The traffic wasn't too bad and I arrived home at 16h10.  Have been cleaning up e-mails and responding to FaceBook comments and now I am going to do some work.  I am out of office tomorrow morning and then have to fetch Connor from school so I want to do what I can now so that the creaking of the load in my work bag can ease a bit.

Well, that's it for me for now ... see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment