Monday, 21 November 2011

It's another Sunday roundup ...

I cannot believe that two weeks have passed since my last blog post ... Time sure is FLYING past.
>>> What can I remember of the past two weeks??

We tried a new restaurant this month for our Sister's Dinner ... George's Bistro in Meyersdal.  The food was really good and VERY reasonably priced and the service was good.  My sisters had a special which was 8 prawns, calamari & mussels for R55 ~ now that is value for money.  I had a steak which was cooked to perfection.  As usual the cameras were there ...

Last Saturday I had lunch with my friend Marian ~ we had not connected in a while and I was starting to fret about why she was not returning my calls and mails ~ she was just overwhelmed with life and we had a wonderful time catching up.  Connor took this lovely photo of us at Rousse at Clearwater Mall.

On Sunday afternoon I visited Noleen.  Gina and Bradley were there and I had a fantastic time playing with Bradley who eventually fell asleep in my arms ... I don't think there is a more amazing feeling that having a baby asleep in your arms.  It is hard to believe that he will be a year old in a couple of weeks ~ How time flies!!!  Noleen had taken this photo of them earlier on in the day ... My niece is absolutely gorgeous!!! and I throroughly adore her.

 Monday was a manic day : Trying to get through all the work and then I accompanied Richard to his yearly follow-up appointment at Dr. Harden ~ FANTASTIC NEWS = his PSA count had dropped from 1.9 last year to 1.1.  Not so good news ~ he had to go for a scan the next day as he had blood in his urnine ... more about that later!!!

We had our Branch Manager's Conference at Valley Lodge in Magaliesburg on Tuesday and Wednesday.  On Tuesday morning I picked up my colleague Delphine across the road from Southgate and we drove through to Valley Lodge together ~ it was really nice not to have to drive alone.  The day started out rather overcast but warmed up considerably as the day progressed.  We had a fruitful day followed by pre-dinner drinks and a few fun prizes were given out.  Dinner was followed by everyone meeting in the games room. 

1,  Mpho, Sam and I give the Royal wave!!             
2,  This is part of my Rivonia Arterial Management team (Ilse, Carin, Shanaz, Mariam, Eddie and Mpho).

These two gorgeous girls as Tebogo who is the Finance Officer for our Region and my friend Samantha who arranged the Conference.
 I relaxed and chatted to a few people and then retired to bed early ~ I had a lovely long bath in the company of my book Hotel Vendome by Danielle Steel.  I got into bed after midnight and was hoping for a good night's sleep when a group of our colleagues decided to continue their party outside our room ~ eish!!!!  They had just quieted down when a train came past and sounded like it was breaking for 1,000 km's.  Sooooo, I woke up rather grumpy the next morning as I was thoroughly exhausted.  Isn't it strange how those people who have had too much to drink and not enough sleep wake up 'on top of the world'??  Frustrating to say the least!!!  At lunch time I went to the Spa on the premises and had a mini pedicure.  I was hoping to have a massage after the conference however I had had an SMS from Richard advising that our car had broken down and I immediately thought that I could not waste money on a pedicure if we had to have the car fixed (bad news from Lindsay Saker was that it would cost at least R30,000 to repair the damage).  Richard had called the AA at 07h40 and by 11h00 they had not yet pitched up to tow him.  He called Alberton Towing and within half an hour he was back home.  The Conference finished around 15h30 and we had an uneventful trip home.

Thursday morning I spent in the office and then went through to Centurion to attend the funeral of my friend Leoni's Mom.  The service was absolutely beautiful and afterwards we had coffee in the church hall.  On my way back to the office Richard phoned to say he was in excruciating pain and couldn't get hold of Dr. Harden.  I said that I was going to the office quickly and would come straight home.  By the time I got home Richard was writhing in pain and Dr. Harden had not yet called back so I bundled him into the car and we rushed down to Mulbarton Hospital.  They got him on a drip and sent him for a scan which revealed a stone lodged in his tube so he was admitted.  On Friday morning I went through to the hospital fully prepared to bring him home in the evening after the procedure ... I was bitterly disappointment when Dr. Doherty (who had done the biopsy which found the prostate cancer) said that he would only be able to do the procedure on Monday morning due to complications which could arise from the Ecotrin which Richard normally takes.  So I had to cancel my monthly scrap with the girls (so so sad!!!) and I spent most of the weekend at the hospital.  I will be back there bright and early tomorrow morning to spend the day with him as he goes into surgery hopefully around lunch time and I am praying that I can bring him home afterwards ~ I cannot face another sleepless night!!!!

On Saturday morning I had breakfast with Noleen and Norma and then we went to the hospital to visit Richard ... I just had to take a picture of them with him ... much to Norma's disgust!!! LOL!!!! 

The food at the Mulbarton has been pretty good ... On Saturday night Richard had beef olives, rice and veggies followed by creme caramel.

This is similar to my new screen saver on my cell phone ~ my gorgeous boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment