Sunday 10 May 2020

MOTHERS DAY 2020



This morning I took Mom shopping at the Spar in Meyersdal and sent Noleen an FYI and she and Gordon met us there – We were only able to see them for a few minutes outside the shop. Of course I needed a photo to scrapbook especially of us with our masks on. 

When we got home we had a surprise visit from our friend Mitch Fegen ~ Thanks for brightening up my day Mitchum Fegen. Norma popped round to wish Mom for Mothers Day.

Today must be the saddest Mothers Day I have had in the 24 Mothers Days my son has been on this earth. To know that he is only 25kms away and I didn't get to see him or hug him just broke my heart. This afternoon I was surprised with a vase of flowers from him and Steph - unfortunately nothing makes up for not seeing him. 

Later this afternoon my sister Noleen called to say that our cousin Estelle had called to let her know that her brother Deon - our oldest cousin - had passed away today.  I am just very grateful that neither my Aunty Ria (his Mom) or my Dad (who loved him very much) are around to have to witness this tragedy.   RIP Deon.

On a lighter note ... I am off to my scrapbook table.

Mom Noleen and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment