Saturday 25 April 2020

25 APRIL ... ANZAC DAY in Australia and New Zealand

I was reminded that today is Anzac Day when I read a post by my friend Natalie on Facebook which read ...
An eery day as we remember the many servicemen who lost their lives in past wars.  I also want to honour the living - the civilians ordered to military service across the globe. These soldiers often suffer the aftermath of war with ptsd, nightmares and flashbacks... To the men in my family who were all ordered to the battlefield... ❤️
We will never take peace for granted


I responded: My hunny is one of those who was sent in to war at a young age and there are times when things still affect him badly. Unless you have been there I don't think we will ever understand.

Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served". Wikipedia
 
When we were in New Zealand and visited the War Museum I bought a scarf and decided to wear it today in memory of all the soldiers ... along with my cat slippers - what a combination :) .  When I went outside to give my hunny a cuppa tea I asked him to take a photo of me ... Shaggy hair and all!


 

1 comment: