Tuesday 6 November 2018

OH NO!!!!

6 November 2018: Today I worked at Nedbank Park in Selby and planned on visiting Makro at Crown Mines after work.  When I drove out the building the intersection of Press Ave and Main Reef Road was grid locked so I decided to rather go to Makro in Alberton.  I did all the shopping I needed to and headed home.  As I turned into our road my phone rang and it was Connor ... There is a way that he says "Mom" that makes my heart drop.  The next words out his mouth were "I have just been in an accident".  My heart started to beat really fast however in my logical mind I knew that if he was phoning me then he must be physically OK.  I drove into the driveway and was relieved to see that my hunny was home already.  I rushed inside and told him what had happened and we jumped into his car (wrong move!!!!!) and raced through to the accident site which was between Meadowdale and Primrose.  Connor had to send us a pin of where he was and when my hunny opened Google Maps there, horror of horrors, the accident was showing.  Driving up the road towards the accident site was horrible as there were lights everywhere.

Thankfully my boy was OK and after I hugged him and had a good look at him I went over to the young lady who had driven into him and asked "Are you OK" ... she gave me a horrible look and over her shoulder said "I'll be OK".  All I prayed was "Dear God please hold my hands so I don't beat this girl to a pulp!!!!" She was the one in the wrong and highly arrogant ... Excuse me!!!!!!!

When her husband arrived he was really awesome and came and chatted to Connor.

Of course the tow truck driver told Connor his car HAD TO BE towed but Connor told him that he would wait until his Dad arrived as his Dad knows EVERYTHING!  How sweet is that.  Well his Dad found that the car didn't need to be towed and proceeded to rip the bumper off the car ... which looked so funny ... as it was buckled against the back wheel.  

Before we left the accident scene Avis Rental came to fetch the car ... So the question begs asking "Where is her car?" In the panel beaters perhaps???

 On our way home we witnessed a truly spectacular sunset ... and I felt like God was saying "Everything is going to be OK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment