Friday 16 February 2018

RECOGNITION FUNCTION @ A CHESA NYAMA

16 February 2018: Today is one of those days that goes down in the "That's the first time I've done that" books.

I received an invite to the Gr. Jhb Region's Recognition Function which was being held today @ Kwa Lichaba in Vilakazi Street, Soweto and although I felt like an after thought I decided that I would go along.  I had a meeting in Sandton this morning and rushed through to Lakeview and got a lift through to Soweto with Deon Seyffert who is one of my area managers.  We were a bit early and relaxed while they cleaned around us (they have a lot of white leather couches which must be a killer to keep clean).  I was a bit surprised that at 13h00 they were not ready for a function that was starting at 13h30.

The venue was Kwa Lichaba and the internet has this to say about it: Located on the edge of the most famous street in South Africa (Vilakazi Street), Kwa Lichaba offers an authentic chesa nyama experience in a chilled and relaxed environment. What’s more, you don’t come out smelling like you went through a smoke storm, which is always the price you pay for braaing your own meat. 

Now as people who know me know ... #1. I don't eat pap and #2. I don't eat with my fingers.  Well there was pap on the menu which I avoided and I dished up a piece of wors and a chop which I had to eat with my fingers ... it was so good that I even licked my fingers afterwards ~ it was some of the best wors I have ever eaten and the chop was cooked to perfection ... I must say that I would definitely go back for that meat again.

I didn't take many pictures because I thought I could get some on the intenet but the photos that are there do not depict the place as it looks now ... according to Nolo (who I do have some photos with) they have renovated extensively since the last time she was there.  All in all a lovely afternoon.



3 comments: