Saturday 24 February 2018

CROCHET SATURDAY

When we visited I Love Yarn on my birthday we booked to attend a class there today.

I met Ali and her house and we drove through to Pretoria together ... stopped off at KFC to grab a cappuccino which was really good.

When we arrived at I Love Yarn we got to choose our colours ... Ali and I chose I Love Yarn cotton.

Karen Adendorff was the teacher today ... she is famous in crochet circles in SA and has got a number of books on the craft shelves. She is a lovely lady, super talented and super patient.  Thankfully I had Ali with me and she helped me sooooooo much.  I felt bad slowing her down but she waited for me every step of the way and we got finished with the first project.

We had a lovely finger lunch and finished off there at about 3.

What a beautifully exhausting day!!!


With Karen
Me hard at work.

These are the beautiful 'tiles' Ali and I made.  Mine is the one at the bottom.

We learned a whole lot of new stitches and were both impressed with the finished project.  I would like to try this again and perhaps make myself a shawl with the tiles.

Ali gave me this beautiful glasses case and delicious Rolo ... Thanks my precious friend!!!!

2 comments: