Saturday 13 January 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

13 January 2018: This morning I was up bright and early and drove through to Alison's house where I jumped in her car and we drove through to Leonie's house in Pretoria.

Our first stop was Jam and Daisies which is aptly described on their website as "A charming, country-inspired garden cafe tucked away in the suburb of Nieuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria, South Africa."

I ordered French toast and when it came I was a bit worried as it had a lot of sauce around it on the plate however it was absolutely delicious!!!!

We had a leisurely time over breakfast and coffee.


 Next stop on our road trip was I Love Yarn in Brooklyn ... It is a beautiful shop tucked away in a double storey property.  I had bought Ali and Leonie each a hessian shopping bag in New Zealand which says "New Inspiration Within" so I got them each a set of wool to start a project with.

























 After our souls were fed with drooling over wool and booking for a class on 24 Feb we went back to Leonie's house where we sat on her patio and crocheted and chatted up a storm and of course drank coffee.

Leonie's beautiful Jackson was part of our conversation ... and took a fancy to the pink wool I was crocheting with.

Ali gave me this beautiful bag with some of my favourite snacks, Mandelas towards my course and beautiful wool ... I am going to make a knee blanket for the lounge as the colours match my lounge perfectly.


 Leonie gave me some Mandelas towards my course, a voucher for sorbet, some beauty products and some yummy bar one chocolates.

Can I say I was spoiled???

Before we knew it we were on our way home.

When I got back to our house I freshened up and we were out the door to Gold Reef City for dinner at Back O' The Moon.

When we sat down I saw that there was a spectacular sunset happening so I went outside and captured this ...

The service was great ... the food was good ... the entertainment horrendous however the company
was spectacular!!! Connor with his Nana and Steph.



Connor and Steph gave me these beautiful orange roses and a white chocolate and peach meringue from Victorian Secret.

I was bowled over by this thoughtful gift from Steph's parents ... R500 gift vouchers from PNA.

My Mom gave me money which I put towards my course.



Well ... That's my official birthday done and dusted ... A day to remember!!!!I am truly blessed to have such special people in my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment