Tuesday 6 December 2016

CHRISTMAS SCRAP-A-THON 2016


Friday 2 December 2016: This morning I was up early and packed my car and then was on the road to meet my sister Jenny at French Toast in Harties.  I got there a bit early so I took my new Danielle Steel book and spent some time reading and drinking lattes ... What a way to spend a Friday morning!!!!

Jenny and I had an awesome catch up over french toast and coffee and then it was off to Good Shepherd.

I really like this photo Jenny took of me ... even with the bags under my eyes!


Friday 2 - Monday 5 December 2016: I got to Good Shepherd just behind Ali and Lynette ~ Lynette flew up last weekend and spent the week with her brother and sister-in-law ... we were SOOOOO excited to have her with us.  Unfortunately Linda Wood didn't join us due to her recent move to Cape Town.

We unpacked, dressed the tables beautifully, set up the urn (it is never too hot for a cuppa coffee!!!) and then got down to scrapbooking.  Leonie joined us a bit later as she had to work and then go home to pack and drop her kitty off at the kitty hotel.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
— MAYA ANGELOU

I read this beautiful quote by Maya Angelou on Sunday 27 November 2016 and it resonated with my soul.  I am so excited to have spent time exercising my creativity over the weekend with my Scrapbooking Soul Mates at Good Shepherd.  

We swapped Christmas gifts and I got a gorgeous scarf and personalized notebooks from Ali
  • Leonie had beautiful scrapbook bags made for us ... They hold a plastic file box and are perfect to load them up with scrapbooking goodies.
  • Ali found a lady who makes beautiful Christmas ornaments and got us Father Christmas and a reindeer ... Absolutely gorgeous!!!

  • I had personalized bags made for each of the girls.
Lynette
Here is Lynette with all her stuff ... we are wondering how she is going to get everything on the plane!!!

Leonie
Alison
 Another GORGEOUS sunset at the convent!
 It was an incredibly hot weekend so we took advantage of the cool pool for our steaming feet - only problem was the mozzies decided to play with us.
 As usual we had our Christmas head gear with us ...

Another awesome weekend of Good Shepherd hospitality, awesome fellowship with like minded 'sisters' and sharing our fantastic hobby!!!

I unfortunately didn't take photos of all the pages I did this weekend but took one of this page I did in honour of my brother-in-law Gordon's Dad who passed away recently to send to my sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment