Saturday 12 November 2016

SILVER LAKES SCRAP DAY with Lynette Jacobs and Cariena Basson

12 November 2016: Today is a day I had been waiting for for a very long time ... I have been friends with Lynette Jacobs on her blog for a number of years ~ Thanks to my sister Wendy for introducing me to her blog.

I have dreamed of meeting Lynette in person for a long time ... and today that happened.  She is up there with Becky Higgins as one of my scrapbook idols!!!I was like a kid in a candy store and wanted to run around and do cart wheels ... not sure how lady like that would have looked!!!!  She is as beautiful in person as she is on her photos on her blog.

I attended a class at Silver Lakes in Pretoria where Lynette had her teaching debut with Cariena Basson from Scrapbook Studio in Jeffrey's Bay.

We had a VERY busy day with two gorgeous layouts completed and a take home layout which I also completed.

This is Cariena's page which has lots of techniques on it ... I tried everything she had on her page and am very happy that I did (although for those people who know me will know what I means when I say ... I felt like I was gardening!!!)

 This is the gorgeous page Lynette designed for us ...

And this is my take on the page ... with some tweaks to suit my photos.









This is the take home page Lynette gave us ...
And my take on the page ... again some changes to fit my photo.  I am so proud of the sewing I did on both the pages!!!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend. Meeting you was the highlight of my trip to Pretoria. Thank you so much for travelling so far to attend the classes. Your pages are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete