Sunday 27 November 2016

A LITTLE THANK YOU GOES A LONG WAY!


I am very fortunate to have many loving relationships which sustain me in this tough world we live in ~ Many built as a result of working in the bank for a long time.  Sometimes I feel abused by the work that I do ... as many times the effort I put in seems to go unappreciated by the business and it feels like when you do the extra and go out of your way to help that it is expected of you.

Today I got a call from one of the Ops Managers in the new business that I look after who I had helped prepare for the first hearing he was presenting at ~ I know that this is a very stressful part of any manager of people to have to go through and I try and take some of the stress away by helping them prepare their paperwork for the hearing and think through their case to prepare themselves thoroughly (and on the other side I have to help the staff member with their case ~ can you say "schizophrenia"?).  When my phone rang I said to my friend Natalie that I really don't like answering calls when I don't know the number (need to update his number in my phone) but decided to answer the phone anyway ... "Hi Lynn, Sorry to phone you on a Sunday but I just wanted to find out when you will be coming past our office as I got you a little gift to say thank you for all your help with the hearing" ... I was flabbergasted!  What a kind gesture!  Thanks Adriaan for making me feel appreciated!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're as good an employee as you are a person so anyone who works with you is lucky to have you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Ally ... That is such a nice thing to say!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that they realise that you are such a gem.

    ReplyDelete