Sunday 18 September 2016

THIS 'n THAT ...

We visited Whitcoulls, which is like Exclusive Books, and I saw these Derek Landy books so I sent Connor a message with this photo asking if he wanted any of them ... He responded immediately saying that he still needed American Monsters for his collection.







When I walked into Pack 'n Save I saw this gorgeous bunch of Steph's favourite flowers so I sent her a message "Thinking about you all the way from New Zealand" with this photo ...








On the Friday night before the wedding we sat and unravelled these huge flowers for the hall ... my hunny is just as cute ast them ...










Auckland felt very much like Durban and we saw many familiar things.
Some of them were:
Shops:
Jay Jays
Cotton On / Typo / Factorie
H&M / Zara
Lovisa
Forever New
Hush Puppies
Le Occitane
Trennery & Country Road which we have in the fancy Woolworths stores
The Body Shop / Lush
The Bread Basket/Mc D's/Burger King/Sub Way/Nando's
Gloria Jean's Coffee / Starbucks
EB Games logo looks exactly like BT Games in SA
Westpack ... Is a bank not a plastic shop!!!
 Spec Savers / Sunglass Hut

Familiar Names:
Westgate
Great North Road
New Market
Rosebank
Mac Kay Road

Surprising
How many Asian people live in Auckland.
How much Greenhithe and the surrounding areas reminded me of Durban ... I even saw a house which looked exactly like my Aunty Ria's house.

MY FAVOURITES:
Burger: Carl's Jnr ~ Richie found his best burger at Burger Fuel
Drink: L&P
Chocolate: L&P
Ice Cream: Hokey Pokey
Biscuit: White Tim Tams
Shops:  Spotlight is a huge haberdashery store / The Warehouse & The Warehouse Stationery



No comments:

Post a Comment