- Situated in the Domain
- Established after World War I and is a protected heritage site
- Built on the financial success of the Auckland Industrial Exhibition held in the Auckland Domain in 1913
- A popular attraction within the park, offering a quiet and relaxing environment close to an Arts and Crafts cottage built around the same time
- Visitors are first invited into a classical courtyard and pond set out in a formal manner with various plants and water lilies
- The complex consists of two display glasshouses (temperature averaging 20 degrees Celsius) one containing temperature plants and the other containing tropical plants
- A formal courtyard with a pond ion the center
- A fernery within an old quarry
- The complex is open all year round
- Entry is free
|And the prettiest flower of them all!!!!|
|Richard and Brett|
Next we ventured into the Fernery ...
These plants made us think of Connor and his love of Harry Potter.
|The Silver Fern|