Tuesday 9 August 2016

WOMENS DAY 2016

9 August (2016) is Women's Day in South Africa ~ This day commemorates 9 August 1956 when women participating in a national march petitioned against pass laws (legislation that required African persons to carry a document on them to 'prove' that they were allowed to enter a 'white area'). Imagine over 20,000 women of all races and ages from every corner of South Africa marching together towards the Union Buildings in Pretoria in protest against the pass laws that proposed even further restrictions on the movement of women.




Arina
I celebrated my Women's Day holiday by gathering together with 22 other women to spend the day scrapbooking.  Arina Kamffer arranged the day for us in the lapa at Featherbrooke Estate where she lives.  We had a day filled with awesome company, creativity and good food.  Arina decorated the venue beautifully and spoiled us with a goodie bag filled with treats and a gorgeous cupcake at each of our work stations.

Arina and I used to work together years ago and my fellow Scrap Addict Leonie and Arina have another group who scrap monthly as well. 

I invited my sister Noleen to spend the day with me and she got a whole host of pages completed and is now hopefully re-energised to continue scrapping. 

I enjoyed spending the day with Leonie, Alison and the rest of the ladies.

1 comment: