Friday 1 January 2016

WELCOME 2016!!!

1 January 2016 ... Our New Year's tradition is to go for a gentle walk at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens followed by breakfast at Eagles Faire.  I was amazed that when I called Connor and Steph they got up immediately although they only got to bed around 2 am after we fetched them from Connor's friends.  We had spent the evening quietly at home.

We popped into the Outdoor Gym to play a little ...


OMGoodness!!!! Look at that face!!!



I was soooooo excited to see these Proteas in bloom.

Another beauty ...
I saw this little tortoise and at first couldn't figure out if it was real or an 'ornament' but when I looked closer I could see it's back foot moving ...
Richard put his hand next to it so that you can see how small it is ...
And then ... It was time for the waterfall ~~~Absolutely gorgeous!!!
It was Stephanie's first visit to the Botanical Gardens and Connor was excited to show her all the important parts ...

Young love with the waterfall in the background ...
And then the mature love with the waterfall in the background ...
And of course the gorgeous bench ...




Our breakfast was filled with the sounds and sights of bees ... I have never seen so many bees at the restaurant before.  When Stephanie opened her jam she used half and then the bees took over the other half.  It is quite scary as my hunny is seriously allergic to bee stings ... thankfully they were all well behaved and I am sure pretty full when the finished up with the jam.


When we were walking towards the exit from breakfast Connor asked if he could take Steph along the timeline path ... I was delighted to find the big tortoise there ... Here are some interesting photos of him eating grass ...





Another awesome start to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment