Thursday 31 December 2015

MY ONE LITTLE WORD for 2016






























I took my time this year contemplating my ONE LITTLE WORD for 2016.

I started off with Excellence and then in conversation with Alison last weekend while spending a gentle day scrapbooking and reflecting on the past year I decided on ...


simplicity
[sim-plis-i-tee] /sɪmˈplɪs ɪ ti/

noun, plural simplicities.
1.  the state, quality, or an instance of being simple.
2.  freedom from complexity, intricacy, or division into parts:
3.  absence of luxury, pretentiousness, ornament, etc.; plainness:
      a life of simplicity.
4.  freedom from deceit or guile; sincerity; artlessness; naturalness:
      a simplicity of manner

I keep pondering how life has become so complicated and the only conclusion I can come to is that it is a competition to see who can be the most "clever" and make the most money out of it ... when you are not constantly competing then people think you have no ambition ... I just want to live my life, do the best that I can with what I have and make a difference to at least one person each day ... So simplicity it is!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend...yes simplicity is such a marvelous word...we complicate life so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't it weird how when you decide on your word that the devil just wants to prove to you that your word is wrong.

      Delete