Thursday 16 July 2015

A QUICK CATCH UP!

I cannot believe that the last time I blogged was 28th June!!!!

Some highlights from the past two weeks ...

4th JULY ~ A WELCOME CHAT!!!
My gorgeous niece Taryn called me this evening ... We chatted for 2 hours while she pottered around at home ... she has the whole weekend off which is quite an unusual thing.  This is a picture she sent me while we were chatting.












7th July ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BOY!!!
Connor turned 20 today ... Yes!!! 20!  I am shocked at how quickly the years have flown past and am immensely proud of the young man he is growing into.

I unfortunately had a full day of meetings so couldn't spend the day with him so he spent the day with Talora and tonight we went to Domino's in Alberton to get pizza's.  My hunny called them and asked if they had place to sit down and they said they did but unfortunately when we got there that was not so ... We got the pizzas and came home to eat ... DELICIOUS!!!!  Can't wait for the next time we get pizza's from Domino's.  We will try Greenside next time because they have place to sit down.






The staff are absolutely amazing and are quite happy for you to watch them work. Each pizza base is hand made and they have both thick and thin crust pizza bases ...
Connor and Talora
 My cute hunny and my Mom ...

9th JULY ~ SISTERS DINNER
The Pizza Del Forno in Meyersdal has moved to a bigger shop so we decided to give them a try again ... great idea.  The food was lovely and we had a wonderful time catching up.  My gorgeous nephew Nicholas was over at News Cafe and popped in to say "Hi!".  I cannot believe that I love this boy so much ... since he was born he has owned a huge part of my heart and it is still the same 35 years later!!!
10th JULY ~ A DAY OFF!
Connor is going back to college on Monday so I asked my boss for a day's leave today ... We started off the morning at Northgate where we met my friend Anne Veldon for breakfast.  We had a wonderful morning chatting up a storm and looking at her photos from a recent trip to Zanzibar.

When we left Northgate we drove through to Springs where I attended my friend Samantha's Mom-in-law's funeral service.  We didn't go to the graveyard as I believe that is something for family and friends.  It was a beautiful but sad send-off ~ it is one of the few funerals that I have attended where the minister actually knows the person.

Our next stop was Ting's Tattoo Parlour in Benmore Gardens where Connor booked for his first tattoo ... yep I haven't been able to talk him out of it so he has an appointment on 27th August.

Next stop was Fallen Heroes in Parkhurst where he booked for his second tattoo which he will have done on 2 September.  Watch this space for an update.

 We stopped off at Vovo Telo for a quick bite to eat ... Connor had an interesting looking pizza ...







Coffee art by my coffee guy Menzi ...

11th JULY ... SUNSET ON THE WEST RAND!
We took Connor through to Roodekrans to his friend Rex's house and on the way my hunny captured the gorgeous sunset for me.

14 JULY ~ VISITED MISS ANABELLA
On Tuesday I had the distinct pleasure of visiting Miss Anabella again ... She is just as gorgeous as the last time I saw her and I could just not get enough of her.

SOME PAGES TO SHARE ...



































I used the serviette from Marian's baby shower for the title on this page ...  I am really happy with the result.
 I hope you are all having a super awesome week ... It's nearly the weekend!!!!  

This weekend I need to spend some time packing for the Scrap Addicts weekend away at Good Shepherd next weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back and might I add "high time"!! These long breaks in between posts have to stop! :) Happy birthday to Connor, I can not believe that he is 20 years old! I've been hearing about this boy since he was in primary school! Time flies hey! Can not wait to see the pics of his tattoos. Love catching up with your life and happy to see that all is going well!
    We must do a lunch sometime soon - speak to Sam.
    Love,
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey special lady … I agree that the long time in between posts must stop … It is so difficult to remember everything when I don’t do updates regularly.

      I will chat to Sam on Monday about lunch … we need to catch up!!!

      I also cannot believe that he is 20 … enjoy every minute with Megs because it really does fly past.

      I also cannot wait to see the end result of the tattoos!

      Have a great weekend and keep warm!!!
      LYNN

      Delete