Sunday 29 March 2015

21 Days ...

I had a real giggle today when I was going through my home e-mails and came across this message one from my friend Janine ...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "BEFORE and AFTER!":
     By the time we get another post you'll need another haircut?!
     Jx
 
Only then did I realise that it has been 21 days since my last post!  I did sit down the other evening but was so exhausted that I could not put a post together.  So here goes ...

8 March 2015 ... Connor has taken up Paint Balling with some friends from college ... On our way to fetch him in Randburg we captured this gorgeous sunset.

 Connor had mentioned to me that he really felt like a wood fired pizza so on our way home we stopped off at Pizza del Forno in Fontainebleu  for a pizza ... It was really yummy.  Here is my exhausted and dirty but very happy child

10 March 2015 ... The boys decided that they wanted to go skating so tonight I went with ... I got a rather nice photo, considering they were on the other side of the rink, with the 10x zoom on my amazing Samsung Zoom ...
 On the way home we stopped off at Andiccio 24 and had a pizza and something to drink ... My hunny's comment "It's years since I last did this" ... and by years he means about 30!!!

 This is the serviette from Andiccio ...
12 March 2015 : I fetched Connor from school this afternoon and this is what we saw in front of us in the traffic  ... too precious!!!

12 March 2015 : Sisters Dinner ... Tonight we agreed to meet at Casa Rossi's for dinner and when we got there we found that they had a Karaoke Night planned so we finished our drinks and went across the road to Foo Wah.  We had a lovely meal and some catch up time.  Here is the gift I gave my Sisters ...
18 March 2015 : When I was leaving for work the sky was gorgeous ... I wasn't sure if my camera would pick up the sun rays ... here is what I captured ...
21 - 22 March 2015 : Scrap Addicts Scrap-a-thon ... As you know every three months we get together for a weekend to scrapbook.  This month it was only Ali, Leonie and myself ... Lynette was at a wedding and Linda was in still in Australia.  I spoiled Ali and Leonie with beautiful baskets I got at my local PNA ... they were filled with some Easter goodies and also Leonie's had her birthday lucky packet in it as well.  We had a wonderful weekend filled with catching up and lots of scrapbooking.  I will share my pages in another post.
 On Saturday we had a 4 hour power outage so Leonie's pasta dish was not an option for lunch so Ali got out her camping gas stove and heated up the frankfurters I had brought for dinner and we had delicious hot dogs for lunch and then we had the soup that I had brought to have with the hotdogs with the rolls Leonie brought with for lunch for dinner.  My first soup of the season and it was delicious ... I LOVE Woolies butternut soup!!!

25 March 2015 : Well Done Connor!!! Connor passed his SQL Exam today which has been a battle for him so we decided to reward him by taking him to dinner at Casa Rossi.  We were in the middle of a power outage and they were fortunately open as they have a generator, wood fired pizza oven and gas stoves.

It took a long time to get out food however when we did it was absolutely delicious.

We also saw my sister Noleen and her family there as it was her birthday and they were celebrating.  Unfortunately for them they had a disastrous night.
28th March 2015 : Although I didn't feel up to it I got up and put on my walking shoes and headed out to Rietvlei for Park Run.  Wendy messaged me and let me know that she would not be there so I put my head down and got going.  I did my best time so far ... 51:51.

When I got home I saw that my beautiful yellow roses were in full bloom ... I planted these roses in memory of my precious friend Joan Lynne O'Neil who would have celebrated her birthday today.  How fitting that they look so beautiful today!!!

I rushed to get showered and prettied up as 'the girls' were meeting at Lua's Bakery for coffee to celebrate Noleen's birthday.


We had a lovely afternoon.  I had a yummy Jaffle filled with curry mince and a couple of Lattes.

Wendy took some lovely ussies ...
 
 I popped past Wendy yesterday afternoon so that Connor could see Liam and they asked if Connor couple sleep over.  When I went back to drop him off I was lucky to chat to my precious niece Taryn via Skype ... I miss her so much and when I "see" her like that my heart aches to just hug her and touch her face.  On my way out I captured these gorgeous photos of the post sunset sky ...





29 March 2015 : This morning while I was eating my breakfast my Mom called me to show me the new visitor on our property and it is gorgeous and loving ...

I drove my hunny through to Boksburg this morning to deliver a tank to our friend 'klein' Jacques.  I had planned to stay home and scrapbook but yesterday while kick starting Mitch's bike the bike back fired and the kick start hit him underneath his foot ... yesterday he could hardly walk so I doctored him last night with pain medication and fastum gel so although he was feeling a lot better this morning I didn't want him to drive all that way. After having coffee with them we went past Wendy to fetch Connor and I ended up sleeping on the couch for half an hour.  On our way home we grabbed a burger at Steers.  I have spent the afternoon catching up on facebook and updating my blog.

We are off to the ice-rink tonight although my hunny wont skate Connor is desperate to get on the ice.

I hope your weekend has been absolutely perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment