Thursday 8 January 2015

Finally ... My word for 2015

A few years ago I found that New Year's Resolutions just don't work and I end up beating myself up for not sticking to them.  Then out came the idea of "One Little Word for the Year".  Now this sounded like something that could work for me.

This year I decided on a controversial little word for my word of the year and it is ...... 
D I E T.

Websters New World College Dictionary has this to say about my word ...
~ noun
1.  1.  What a person or animal usually eats and drinks;daily faire.
     2.  figuratively, what a person regularly reads, listens to, does, etc.
2.  a special or limited selection of food and drink, chosen or prescribed to promote health or a gain or loss of weight.

Now I know that to many this sounds like a negative word but it is a word that resonates with my soul at this time in my life.  Why? you ask.  Let me give you my reasons for this word ...

Financial Diet ... I am retiring in 11 years time (earlier if I can manage it!!!)
  • This year I am going to focus heavily on getting my finances ready for me to retire ... That means clearing the bit of debt that we have and the only way we can do that is to go on a financial diet.
  • I am going to make more gifts ~ ~ ~ I am very creative and I can put that to good use again.  I used to make a lot of gifts in the past and stopped doing that.
  • I am going to buy less coffee ~ ~ ~ My friend Samantha gave me 2 boxes of Nescafe Cappuccinos which I have left in my cupboard at work and instead of spending R17 per cup I can drink one of those at around R5 per cup.

Scrapbooking Diet ... I have so much in my stash that I could probably scrapbook for the whole year without buying any paper or embellishments.  I will need to buy click 'n stick and double sided tape so hopefully I will get a voucher or two for my
birthday and that is what I am going to use it for.
  • I am going to use what I have, and 
  • I am going to work hard at getting up to date ~ ~ ~ just like a body diet and losing weight I am going to lose the excess outstanding pages.
Physical diet ...
  • I am not going to put myself under extreme pressure but I am going to look after myself better this year ~ ~ ~ I am going to move a bit more and make better food choices.
  • I am going to drink more water and keep myself hydrated.
  • I am also going to be gentle with myself.
So that's my word for the year.




8 comments:

  1. Smart post. You certainly seem to understand yourself and how to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scrapbooking diet is going to be the most difficult. Great word for the year and I love the way you unpacked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks special lady. Fortunately I got three gift vouchers for 2 scrapbooking shops!!!

      Delete
  3. Lovit!!! Good luck with all the diets all round ♥
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you you did get some click n stick from Tanna.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you got some click n stick from Tanna.

    You can do it sista!

    ReplyDelete