Sunday 12 October 2014

Spar Women's Race

My friend Linda Wood and I entered the Spar Women's Race.  This is the SMS I woke up to this morning ...

 











The start and finish were at Wanderers Cricket Stadium so Linda picked me up and on the way we got stuck in horrendous traffic.  










 
Along Athol Oaklands Road I saw this on one of the walls ...
 The race started at 8 but after a long walk from where we parked we crossed the start at 08h13.  There were people of all shapes and sizes taking part in the race ...



 After a comfortable walk we crossed the finish line ...
And not long after we finished I received this sms ...

After waiting in a very crazy queue to collect our goody bags we started the long walk back to the car.  We were both in sore need of a cuppa coffee so we stopped in at the Blu Bird Shopping Centre and chose Cafe Dolce Vita where we had cuppaccino and French Toast ...




 We got a beautiful medal for finishing the race and the goody bag was a cornucopia of items ...

No comments:

Post a Comment