Friday 7 June 2013

Rest In Peace my precious friend

QUEEN JOAN (as I called her) is a lady I met a number of years ago through an internet group my sister Wendy started when she still lived in Germany called Scrappy Chatters.
Joan was an absolutely amazing lady and we kept in contact after Wendy came back to South Africa and the group was no longer being run by her.  Every year I would find something South African and send it to Joan for Christmas and her birthday ~ once I sent her a little bag and she said she was the envy of all the ladies at church.  When Taryn was home at the beginning of the year I gave her a birthday gift to post to Joan in March and I received a lovely thank you message from her.
Joan let me know last year that she was battling with that dreaded disease cancer.  I got the really sad news this week that she had lost the battle she fought so valiantly ... "I am going to miss you my darling Queen Joan!!!!  You were my "Yellow Rose of Texas" ~ Rest in peace until we meet one day".
This was the message her daughter put up on facebook ...
At 12:48 AM a beautiful spirit slipped peacefully
into Heaven, and with her as she did wherever
she went, she brought the joy.
I'll miss you every day mom, "until we meet at Jesus' feet."
Joan Lynne Smith O'Neil 28/03/38 - 04/06/13

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear, but I am sure she is at peace now.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete