Tuesday 7 May 2013

"To Do List" keep the overwhelm at bay ...

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a holiday that you could take and come back to all your problems and challenges being sorted out!!!  I'd take that holiday RIGHT NOW!!!!
I love writing "To Do Lists".  Sometimes however they become a bit frantic and every opportunity I have I 'brain dump' on a piece of paper ... then there are all these pieces of paper with notes scribbled on them which stresses me even more.  I had an opportunity to sit down with my To Do book yesterday and consolidate all the pieces of paper and started working on them.
Some of the items on my list ...
  1. 2 X License Renewals ... Monday is the day I drop Connor at school and as I am avoiding being stuck in traffic I took my lunch break first thing in the morning.  I didn't know that the Licensing Department in our area opens at 07h30 so I was in and out of there before 8 and when I got on the highway the traffic was a breeze and I was at my desk by 08h20.  I spent the rest of the day plugging away at getting the papers in my briefcase sorted out and also trying to get my over 200 e-mails to under 100 which I unfortunately did not manage.  I left the office at 6 and got stuck in horrendous traffic and got home to a divine dinner of home made vegetable soup and vetkoek (my Mom is the master of veggie soup & vetkoek).
  2. Filing ... did that when I got home this Tuesday afternoon.
  3. Sort out gifts ... I have one in a gift bag to deliver and another wrapped and in an envelope to take to the post office tomorrow and have the paper/tape out to wrap another one.
  4. Tidy scrap area ... I am busy with this and came into the study to get an address off the computer and thought I would update my blog quickly (which is also on the list) so I got 2 birds with one stone!!!! 
  5. Post on blog (There was a spectacular sunrise this morning ~ I dropped Connor at school again today as Richard had an early meeting in Bothaville and I was going to Krugersdorp ~ but I didn't manage to get a photo of it as a taxi got in my way!!!).
  6. Bake banana bread ... I will do that tomorrow night as my Sisters Dinner has been moved to next week as Norma is away on business.
  7. And so the list goes on .....
I love to see items ticked off in my book so I am off to do some more of the 'quick wins' so I can see some more ticks ... can anyone say "Control Freak"???

No comments:

Post a Comment