Friday 25 January 2013

So many mixed emotions ...

This morning I overslept a little and my Mother came in a bit earlier than expected and set off the house alarm ... when she walked in she said "The patio door is standing wide open and the TV is gone!!"  OMGoodness!!! Not again!!!!  Richard and I went out onto the patio to find that the little window next to the sliding door had been forced, the door opened and whoever came in had a leisurely time taking the TV down off the wall mounting, they even took the right controls for the tv and the dvd player (with my copy of Material in it!) and then they went through the bar and garnered themselves a couple bottles of alcohol.  It is just such a horrible feeling to know that your privacy has been invaded and again stuff has been taken that you have worked hard to acquire.  On the other side of the coin, at least they did not get into my home and my family are all safe (I hate that we always have to justify things however that is what living in South Africa has become).
Another blessing is that last night as I was leaving the patio to go to bed a little voice said that I should take my laptop inside ... thankfully I did as with my laptop was my purse and my work bag which contained the remainder of my birthday vouchers!  God is good!!!
I have been having some serious pain in my lower back for the past week and today was the absolute worst ... I didn't think I was going to be able to drive to work but I soldiered on through the excruciating pain and when I got to work one of my colleagues insisted on taking me to the chemist ~ We drove through to Greenside and saw an amazing pharmacist and he prescribed some anti-inflammatories and painkillers ~ I need to go and see a doctor to establish what is going on.
Well, I hope our Friday was super special and that you have something special planned for yourself for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so sad. Both the robbery and your hip. I hope you recover from both. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete