Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome 2012!!!


New Year's Resolutions always sound so intimidating to me and when I make them and don't achieve them it becomes something else I can beat myself up about.  So a couple of years ago I decided to rather focus on "intentions" and on the first day of the new year I always find myself contemplating the achievement of my "intentions" for the coming year ... I belive if I practise my "Word For 2012" Consistent ~ that I will be successful in achieving my intentions.

We have a New Year's Day tradition ~ We meet our friend Alison at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens and do one of the trails which we end off by walking past the beautiful waterfall and see if we can get a glimpse of the black eagles and then have breakfast at Eagles Faire ... This is such a wonderful way to spend the first day of the year.  Our friend Leonie joined us today and we had a casual walk around the gardens, visited the Sasol Dam which was very busy with birds and then walked to the waterfall and on to breakfast.  By the time we left around 11am the people who partied last night start to arrive with their picnic baskets, blankets, etc.  We say that all the people who are there for breakfast at the same time as us are the people who went to bed at 10pm last night ... although I managed to stay up until 11h25 watching a DVD (Comedian Trevor Noah) with Connor.  We were awakened with the fireworks going on around us and thankfully it rained which did quiet it down a little.

The Sasol Dam hideout ... where you can watch the activity of many species of birds.
My boys and me ~ I wish I didn't wake up with such bags under my eyes!!!


My hunny and me on one of the special benches in the gardens.

A long arm shot of us ... Richard, Lynn, Leonie, Alison, Connor




 

We spent the rest of the afternoon quietly at home ~ I was wrapping gifts for January birthdays and tidying up my scrapbook area.  I made the family home made hamburgers for dinner and Richard and I watched Just Go With It starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler ~ it was a brilliant movie.  We are now retiring to bed to read ... Richard is reading HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams and I am reading Forever Faithful by Karen Kingsbury ~ next to Danielle Steel and Francine Rivers I think she is my new favourite author.

No comments:

Post a Comment