Wednesday 17 August 2011

A rose by any other name is still as sweet

  A couple of weeks ago I was listening to a programme on the radio and they were speaking about pruning roses ... now as you all know I am NOT a gardener!!! however, the person said that if you have a rose bush which still has roses on it then this is a show of pure persistence. 
  My friend Natalie, who now lives over the seas in New Zealand, planted some flowers in  my front garden and part of this gift was two rose bushes.  When we did the Spanish burglar bars on the front windows we had to move my plants out of the way to stop them from being destroyed and when I moved them back only one of the bushes survived. 
  This beautiful rose was photographed on 28 June 2011 and tonight there is still a rose on this bush which is obviously pure persistence.
  It is the first thing I see when I leave my home in the morning and the last thing I see as I enter my home in the evenings ... Thanks Nats for your continuous reminder of persistence and friendship!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment