Sunday 24 May 2020

ANOTHER PAGE DONE ...

So here is how I feel about my week > > > > > > > > > > > > >

My only highlight was when Richie and I ran out to The Glen on Thursday - only to find Post Net closed at 4 so we did the same thing on Friday after my two morning meetings.

Every day when I go into meetings / courses I crochet on a knee blanket I am making for Connor and then some evenings I work on it as well.  This week I mostly crocheted ... no scrapbooking done in the evenings :( .

So I was SUPER EXCITED for Friday afternoon to come around!!!!

So my new project waiting for me at my craft table on Friday night ~ an album for Jo's new god-son.  I sat and stared at the paper trying to figure out a front page ~ I always get VERY nervous when I start a project for someone (even felt that way when I started the album for Steph and Connor ... go figure!!!) but once I get going it is fine.  I couldn't figure out the front page so I gave myself a swift kick up the butt and started with a bath page.  My friend Cheryl sent me a photo of the page they were going to do in their group on Saturday so I decided to give it a go and I am very happy with how it turned out.

 My texture paste is getting a bit dry so I mixed it with some Little Birdie Sparkle Paste - Whipped Cream - which is a see through glitter paste which softened it up and I put it through a stencil to create some bubbles.

I have a bath stencil and the foam coming out of the bath was a scrap piece of textured paper I have had lying in my scraps box for a while.

I don't have photos for the layouts so will just be putting white mats for where I think the photos should go.

I then got going on the month pages ... I will do one 12 x 12 for a photo of the month and then a page with 6 pockets for other photos.


Yesterday morning I met Alison and Wendy at Chamdor in Deco Park to go wool shopping.  We then found some coffee at Berliner (and I got some lovely meat) and sat in the sun catching up.  What an awesome 'play date'.  We have to be creative at this time to be able to see each other.

When I got home I had lunch and went straight back to my craft table.  So now I am ready to do Month 1 ... I go into my stash of layout ideas and find this gorgeous page on my phone.  I choose papers and get going with the layout.  I decide to have a closer look at the photos on the layout and who do I see in the bottom photo but Andy Olivier ... This page is from my friend Lynette Olivier in Cape Town.  Thanks for the inspiration Lynette!!!! 

So here is my interpretation ... 

Month 2 ... I know I used this page recently for other photos but cannot for the life of me find that layout - It could have sparked an idea for a page.  It was just too cute not to use again.  I love how the page came out.



MONTH 3 ... I used this idea in Connor and Steph's book and converted it to a double layout.  I think it looks really cute as a page for a baby boy.  I am going to try and keep a bit of the orange pattern going throughout the book ... Just a circle of it somewhere on the page.  The placing of the holes to do the sewing is pretty difficult.  I have the circle on a piece of paper and when I place it on the page it is a kind of 'hit and miss' affair.  I make the holes for the first circle and sew it and then hope that I am placing the second circle in the right place and then I sew the second one.  I am hoping to find some kind of plastic that is big enough to do templates on.


I am sitting here in my pyjamas at 12h30 so I need to go and jump in the shower so that I can start scrapping after lunch.

Hope you have had a stunning weekend so far!!!












1 comment:

  1. You have no reason to be nervous, there is no better scrapbooker than you!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete