Sunday 12 May 2019

MOTHERS DAY

We were invited to lunch today by Carol and Frik van der Merwe ~my future daughter-in-law's parents to celebrate Frik's 60th and Mothers Day.

We met at Werner's Bistro in Bedfordview at 12h30 ... And it turned into a stunning afternoon filled with lively chatter and awesome food.

My hunny had a salmon starter while I chose carpaccio followed by schnitzels ... my hunny unfortunately got chicken instead of veal but mine was perfect with emmentaler cheese on top.  My hunny had two slices of the beautiful chocolate cake that Steph baked for her Dad ... I unfortunately don't like chocolate cake so I had ice-cream and chocolate sauce (which was good but I make better chocolate sauce).  The service was really good although the time between the starter and mains was VERY long but we filled it up chatting up a storm and the food was really worth the wait.

We left the restaurant around 16h30 and came home and my hunny immediately lay down on the couch and fell asleep.

I LOVE this photo of my boy and me ...
 And I captured this sweet pic of Connor and Steph ...
  
Hope you all had a stunning Mothers Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment