Sunday 3 March 2019

MINNIE MOUSE ... From Johannesburg to Half Moon Bay, New Zealand

Checked in and ready to go
My friend Sam's Brother, Sister-in-law and Niece have recently moved to Half Moon Bay in New Zealand.  I asked Sam if there was anything they wanted me to take over when we went on our trip.  Her Mom sent this cute little Minnie Mouse and Sam and Petrus sent a beanie.

I decided that it would be HORRIBLE for Minnie to spend the trip in my suitcase so she traveled with me ... Here is her story about her journey from Jhb to her new home ...

Aunty Lynn's future daughter-in-law Steph came with us to the airport (so she could drive their car back home) and her son Connor met us there after work to say "Bye".  Our flight was more than an hour late leaving Johannesburg ... Aunty Lynn says this is just typical of Qantas Airlines.

Connor came to say "Bye"
An hour late but we are now in the air
Sydney here we come
Breakfast is served
We are now on our way from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand ... We weren't able to take any photos in the Sydney airport as our next flight was held back for us as we left Johannesburg late and there were more than 90 people on our flight who needed to catch the connecting flight to Auckland.

 WE HAVE ARRIVED IN MY NEW HOME TOWN!!!!!!
Auckland, New Zealand!!!!
We had a bit of an issue at the airport ... When we went to collect our bags we found that Aunty Lynn's bag was not there.  Someone had mistaken it for theirs and taken it.  It took us more than an hour to sort that out and then we were on our way to The Baker's house in Greenhithe.  I managed to sleep in the car from the airport to their house.

I stayed at Aunty Natalie's house in Greenhithe, Auckland for a week.

Today I am going to meet my new family and see my new house for the first time ... I am so excited!!!!


Here we are waiting for the bus from Greenhithe, just in front of the Pony Club, to Constellation (which is like Ghandi Square in Johannesburg) where we will catch another bus into Britomart in the city.  Aunty Lynn is stressing that we are going to be late for the ferry!

 
I enjoyed the bus ride into the city ... We went over the Auckland Bridge.  There is so much water and so many boats everywhere ... No wonder it is called the City of A Million Sails.

Aunty Lynn can stop stressing now ... We are on time, bought our tickets and waiting for the ferry to arrive.  Thankfully the weather is really good.


My first trip on a ferry was awesome ... There were so many people out on the water having fun in the beautiful weather.  I can't wait to get to my new home which is called Half Moon Bay and meet Amy and her Mom and Dad.





Michelle and Amy met us at the Ferry and we went to my new house for coffee ... Amy was very happy to meet me and Aunty Lynn managed to get this photo of her and I on our swing.

I stayed at home while my new family took Aunty Lynn and Uncle Richard for a walk down at the water and then dropped them back at the Ferry to meet with their friends The Parkers for the afternoon.
 Thank you for getting me safely to my new home!!!!!  Minnie Mouse van den Berg

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely soooo special!!!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my Jo … It just felt criminal to put her in my suitcase.

      Delete