Sunday 14 October 2018

BIRTHDAY PRESENT BREAKFAST for Steve Cresswell

14 October 2018:    My friend Marian's Dad turned 70 at the end of January and we had attended the celebration but I was stumped as far as a meaningful gift went ... and then when I saw there was a photographer at the function I decided I would make him an album.  

Marian and I arranged to get together to surprise her Dad with the album.  When we woke this morning it was pouring with rain.  I had suggested Food.Cuppa.Love at 27 Boxes in Melville but the rain made it impossible as the restaurant is open on the sides.  So we settled on Foood at Cresta.  Her parents tried to get her to postpone because of the weather ... because Lorenzo had to look after the kids ... etc. but she kept to her guns.  We arrived at Cresta a bit earlier and arranged a table and when they came walking along all I heard was Marian's voice saying "Oh look!!!!  It's the Gladwins".  Her parents were totally surprised.  Although her Mom knew I was making the album she had no clue that we were meeting for breakfast this morning ... Well done on keeping the surprise Marian!!!!

We chatted a bit and ordered our breakfast and then I said to Steve "The reason we wanted to have breakfast is that we wanted to give you your birthday gift".  His reaction was priceless!!!!



Linda and Steve Cresswell
Steve and Linda had not seen Connor for quite a while so I had asked him and Steph to join us.  They were blown away by how much Connor has grown ... and of course all the hair and the beard.

 We had a wonderful breakfast catching up and afterwards we went to Dischem and got some of the stuff for the care packages we are making for the ladies at Gerald Fitzpatrick Home for Christmas ~What a stunning day!!!!

I will share the photos of the pages on another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment