Tuesday 19 September 2017

BEING BISTITCUAL!

19 September 2017: All my life I have been "mono(?)-stitchual as I could only knit (and simple patterns at that!).  

So I decided when we went to Zaagkuil the last time that I needed to take up Patricia's challenge to crochet squares for blankets for our group to donate to Ry-Ma-In in Linden.  So I bought a crochet hook and some wool and Ali got me going.  This was my first attempt and I have done 5 more ...



Just before Ali went overseas she sent me a message about a Crochet for Beginners class at The Yarn Tree in Parktown so I booked for today and took a day's leave ~ I was quite excited however disappointed that the ladies forgot that I was coming for the lesson however we recovered and got going.  I learned some valuable tips and am now on my way to being fully biStitchual ... I can't stop watching crochet videos on YouTube and thinking about what I am going to do next!!!

I bought some beautiful yarn at The Yarn Tree and will be attempting something as a surprise for an unsuspecting friend.  I will post about my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment