Saturday 8 April 2017

THIS 'n THAT

One of the ladies at work saw the little tray I have on my desk for my coffee cup and really liked it so I tried my hand at decoupage again ... The four dark ones are the ones I made for her and the others I gave to the girls at our scrapbooking day on 18th March at Featherbrooke.  I added a mug, an easter egg and some coffee sachets.











My friend Sanet sent me this picture of her tray and mug which she really loves.   I love giving hand made gifts to people who appreciate the work that goes into it.











I saw this cute little owl ring the other day ~ which is supposed to be worn under your knuckle ~ and added it to a surprise care package I put in the mail for my darling niece Taryn in the States.  The price of postage is hideous however I hope she loves what I sent over for her.  Can't wait for her to get the package already!!!!
Wendy gave me this beautiful chair which she had painted herself for my scrapbooking sanctuary.  On a visit to Chamdor Faktory Shop I bought the material and foam and my hunny was going to cut me a piece of wood so that I could make the seat.  I waited .... and waited .... and waited.  Then we got a little advertising booklet in the mailbox and I found a place down in Regents Park called Ursula's so I took the chair there ... I was a bit worried when I got to the place because it is rather upside down and didn't look very professional ... however when I went to collect my chair a few days later and saw the workmanship I was thoroughly delighted ... and this beautiful work for all of R150

 My knitting project is really moving along nicely ... I have done more work on it since I took this photo and am well on track to get it finished by my deadline.  We have another meet-up which Alison has organized for us on the 17th April ~ can't wait to see how the girls projects are coming along and to show off mine.

















My friend Samantha went to the Drakensberg last weekend with her family and sent me these two awesome photos ... she knows how much I love sunset and sunrise ...

























We have had a LOT of moths in the house lately ... This one was particularly beautiful ...



2 comments:

  1. You are extremely talented... the coffee coasters are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete