Sunday 18 September 2016

WELCOMING PARTY!

18 September 2016 : I arrived home this evening and after getting through passport control very easily and collecting my luggage I found these three gorgeous people waiting for me.

A funny thing which will stick in my memory forever ... Richie was wearing his New Zealand beanie as it was 6 degrees outside and I see Connor walking over to one of the Springbok rugby players who were on the same flight as me from Sydney and he asks him "Sorry, what sport do you play?"... Side note !!!! These very players were decimated 41 - 13 by New Zealand last night!!!  We are not rugby fans at all so of course Connor would not recognize any of these guys (and neither would I!).  The only reason I knew that they were the rugby team was that Brett and Scott had watched the match after dinner at Scott and Jo last night.

After huge hugs and kisses we had a quick dinner at the Airport Craft Brewers where the burger was OK (horribly soggy roll and luke warm under cooked patty) and the service great.

I unpacked and then sat down to watch some telly with my hunny ... I am going to wait until 22h00 before I go to bed so that I can get back to 'normal' as soon as possible.

I have had an absolutely FABULOUS holiday ... and am happy to be Home Sweet Home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment