Monday 26 September 2016

SPRING SCRAP-A-THON @ ZAAGKUIL

23 - 25 September 2016 : Ali arranged our Spring Scrap-a-thon at the Zaagkuilsdrift Bird Sanctuary and Lodge which is situated in the beautiful Pienaarsriver area, approximately 50 kilometers from Pretoria.  A fantastic birding area that boasts 430 different bird species, with a lodge that offers peace and quiet, excellent accommodation and great food. 

I met Ali at her house and we packed her car and then we were on the road to meet the girls in Pretoria for brunch. Driving together gave us time to catch up.  We had a lovely brunch at the Wimpy and then on to Zaagkuil ... OMGoodness!!!! It is an absolutely beautiful place.

We had so much fun scrapping with the other girls who Ali invited and although I didn't get as much done as I normally do I rested and enjoyed myself totally.
My bedroom for the weekend
Gorgeous African sunset

The tables are set beautifully for each meal ... We had a scrumptuous chicken salad for lunch on Saturday which was so beautiful it warranted me taking a photo of it.

We went for a walk to the bird hide and apart from the birds we saw Elvis who is a hand reared Kudu ~ he was abandoned by his mother when he was trapped in deep mud ... we got closer and personal with him - and he now lives at the bird Sanctuary.  He is an absolute beauty.




This is my favourite photo of the weekend ...



On Saturday night dinner was served at the Boma and being Heritage Day the guys were dressed appropriately.  The service at the Lodge is awesome ... these guys work really hard.

We had a stunning braai for dinner and it was absolutely divine.






 Some of the pages I did ...



 I made a new notebook for my new job which I start on 3 October 2016.



We left the lodge on Sunday afternoon after lunch and the drive home was an enjoyable finish to a stunning weekend.

 I will definitely go back to Zaagkuil with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment