Thursday 28 November 2013

Sleep eludes me!!!!

I have been awake since 00h50 when our house alarm went off ... thankfully no problems however when I got back into bed I could not fall asleep so I decided to get up and sit in front of the computer.  I have now caught up with Facebook and read all the blogs I follow.
From my side of the world on this Thursday morning ...
Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends in America ~ I am pretty sure there are going to be lots of people up at this same time getting themselves organised for their Thanksgiving meals ~ Enjoy the day!!!!

Although we do not celebrate this holiday is SA, and I wish we did, I am thankful ...
  • For my family and friends who bring me immense joy,
  • That today is the last of Connor's exams ... can't believe that 12 years of school is over!
  • For finding a great new dentist (endorsed by all 3 of my sisters) and that I have had no serious pain from the tooth I had removed on Tuesday and the resultant stitches in my gum!!! and that I got to tick off another item on my To Do list!!!
  • For being able to go to the gym ... Am still loving it and last night I worked really hard and came out feeling triumphant that I am going to win the battle against obesity one last time!!!
http://arthlete.tumblr.com/image/52790198749


  • That I have a job which I enjoy (most of the time) and the two calls I had from workplace friends I used to work with yesterday afternoon which were very fulfilling and especially that I came away feeling like I do make a difference in people's lives! and I plucked my eyebrows while I had the phone on hands-free!!!!  Can you say "multi-tasking"??
  • That I have been able to get most of my Christmas shopping done already (just need to decide what we are going to do on Christmas day!) and got my Christmas cards in the post.
  • That we can afford an alarm system even though it has gone off again at 03h26 ~ this will spur me on to get another item done on my To Do list today which is to phone our security company for a quote on an upgrade to our current system!

It is now 05h00 and I am going to jump in the shower.


So my wish for you today is many of these ......

4 comments:

  1. Yes we have loads to be thankful for.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I would love to follow you on Facebook as well. Please can you send me a friend request
    https://www.facebook.com/desire.fourie.79
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we open our hands to give thanks, God blesses us and gives us joy. I wish you much joy.

    ReplyDelete