Saturday 16 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

My friend Alison got me interested in scrapbooking about 10 years ago ~ she kept inviting me to attend a class and each time I was unable to make it due to work commitments.  Before she gave up on me she decided to invite me 'one last time'.  Thankfully she did as since that very first class I was HOOKED!!! 

Every month we get together for a day of scrapping, friendship, good food and great coffee!!!  Alison is wonderful at putting dates in our diaries and organising our monthly scrap dates.

Today was our monthly scrap and for the first time this year the full Scrap Addicts Team made it ... We are Alison, Leonie, Linda, Lynette and Lynn (me).  We met at Alison's house and started off with muffins, coffee and checking out pages that we have completed since our last get-together.  We then got busy with our projects for today.  As the weather has been getting progressively colder (and today is freezing!!!) Alison sent out word in the week that we would have hot lunch today ... Ali did a roast chicken, I added a potato bake, Leonie made one of her salads which = a work of art! and Linda finished off the meal with a Woolies cheese cake and koeksusters.  5pm rolled around far too quickly and then out day was finished.

I love this group of girls ~ we inspire each other and do great pages.

Here are two of the pages I did today that I would like to share.


A simple page to share ... I had my walking shoes for the past 4 or 5 years and wore them nearly every day.  They eventually 'gave notice' and have been replaced by two new pairs ... I paid tribute to my shoes today in my scrapbook.

When Taryn was home in January we were visiting at Wendy and Richard put Connor's hoodie over his head and looked like a real "gansta" ... he is the love of my life and my "Genuine Article".



 It is really cold tonight ~ This is my darling bundled up.

 

1 comment: