Monday 24 September 2018

SPRING SCRAP-A-THON @ ZAAGKUIL

21 - 24 September 2018: We chose to go to Zaagkuil for our Spring Scrap-a-Thon.

I picked Ali up at her house and we drove through to Pretoria and met Leonie, Rika and Arina at the Wimpy for breakfast.  A bit of shopping at Creative Talents and a quick look in at the wool shop and then on the road.  The highway was quite busy and it took us a long time to get through the first toll gate however everyone was behaving rather well on the road.

We arrived at Zaagkuil and Gerrie came out to apologize that they didn't have their normal amount of guys to help unpack as they had been fighting veld fires in the area.

As the lodge was fully booked Gerrie had us set up in one of the bedrooms and I chose to have the bedroom closest to that room.  It wasn't an ideal set up as it faced the back of the property (what I saw as the working end of the lodge) with no view however we made the best of it and got ourselves set up and started working.  I had a lot to do as I wanted to get the gift album for Steven Cresswell finished this weekend.

However first things first ... I started with the packs that Ali and Leonie had packed for us ...  I had brought photos with to do these layouts and here they are ...

Ali's gorgeous layout complimented these photos from Sam & Wesley's wedding perfectly.
 And Leonie's layout was just perfect for these photos from the wedding ...
I will share the rest of the pages I did on the weekend in another post.

My hunny rode up on Sunday to join us and he sent me this photo to let me know he was on his way ...   

Arina's hubby also joined us on Sunday.

The world is a very small place as my hunny knew one of the other visitors to the Lodge.  He relaxed and had a couple of beers in the heat of the day and then had a lie down and generally chilled.  I so like having him around.

On Sunday night we had dinner under the stars ... and it was delicious!!!!

On Monday morning we had breakfast and then back to my scrap table as I could see the finish line in sight ... I literally made it by the skin of my teeth!!!  I finished the last page in the album just before I had to pack up my last things.

Another awesome scrapping weekend with the girls. 

The traffic coming home was not bad at all ... except of course for some idiots who drive soooo badly.  We dropped Ali at home, got home, unpacked and got ready for the week ahead.







No comments:

Post a Comment